9.16.2014

LovelyLife: Ballet Class

 
 
Cherish.
Cherish your gifts and take joy in them.
 
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."  
 -- Epicurus
 
I spent years hoping and dreaming of a daughter. In my younger years (sheesh, how old am I now if I start saying that?), she was more of an expectation for the future. In my later/sicker years, she was a painful yearning that seemed unlikely. But God brought her to me. Today, I can look down at a circle of toddling, pink-tutu-ed beauties and be filled with gratitude that I am in that place, there with her, whom I cherish.
 
(And later, at that terrible hour before dinner when everyone is tired and cranky, and my children seem to be incapable of refraining from bickering, I will remind myself to cherish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment